Are you interested in writing for ernews.org? Below is a list of what we are looking for and how you can get published at freethinkernation.com. NOTE: Please read our writers guidelines BEFORE submitting articles to us. If you regularly submit, and we like your work, we might invite you to join our team. Ernews only accepts original material. We will check for plagiarism and reject any articles submitted to us before we publish, and will BAN users who try to submit plagiarized content. By submitting work to ernews.org you are agreeing to allow us to edit the material for typos, and factual information, or to suit our basic style of reporting (we do give you the option to do your own revisions to our specs). Now on to the fun stuff.
ernews.org posts interesting articles on numerous subjects. (for a list of the categories, just refer to our home menu). We prefer work that is well thought out and contains the writers personality or opinion, but your opinion is not necessary. Work must be researched through legitimate resources (i.e. not forums or websites that do not properly cite their material), and we prefer to see your resources list below the article for fact-checking purposes. Your article should include at least 1 photo that we may use with it that is conducive to the subject matter. Photos must be open source, public domain images or copyright must be owned by the writer. By submitting your photos, you are agreeing to allow us to publish them on ernews.org.
Just take a look at some of the other articles on the website to see what type of stuff we are interested in writing about. We are interested in articles about the stuff that mainstream media isn’t interested in posting. Or in writing angles that are usually skipped for socially acceptable ones. We don’t censor topics or what you can say, but use common sense. Our pieces are not designed to enrage, or needlessly piss off people; we prefer to write about real information that the public needs to know. Want to know more about writing for us, contact at ernews.org or send us your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do have some simple, basic rules that you should know already, but here they are:
1) Please keep your submissions on subject.
a) Please submit all pieces in a Word document, with no fancy formatting or fonts. Simple Times New Roman 12pt. font, or whatever the default is on your computer, is fine. Feel free to also paste your text into the body of the email, but this is optional.
b) Do not indent.
c) Do not use bullets on your lists.
d) Do not use HTML tags in your piece, except for embedded links. If you would like to submit your piece already formatted in HTML, send us an HTML document.
3) Please include a short (one small paragraph) bio with your piece, and include and email address to which you would like to have correspondence sent. If you have a website, please include that as well.
4) Always, always link to sources. Always! If you make a statement that isn’t common knowledge, especially statistics, you must back it up with a link. If you need help with this, you can always ask us for some research tips. But we’ll probably just tell you to go to Google anyhow. Please embed the links ernews.org, not like this: (http://www.antiwar.com/).
5) Please title your submission. We may decide to change it at publication, but at least we’ll have something off which we can work.
6) Please let us know whether or not your piece is an original submission. We prefer them to be original, but we will reprint exceptional pieces. freethinkernation.com does not pay for submitted articles at this time, but this may change in the future.
7) If your submission is rejected, please don’t stop sending. Acceptance depends on a variety of factors, including timeliness, style, and any number of editorial requirements of the moment that may not necessarily reflect on your writing ability.
8) If you have submitted a piece and haven’t heard back from us in a reasonable amount of time, feel free to send us an email. Sometimes things get put on the back burner when breaking news hits…or maybe it just slipped our minds. Hey, we’re human, too.
That’s basically it. You are encouraged to send us op-ed pieces, we just ask that you please follow our easy guidelines.
Compensation to the Writer
As a new website, we are currently not paying writers for their submissions, but this is subject to change as interest grows. However, you will gain much experience, something to post to your CV and build a following for your work, which will work wonders for you in the future as well as pad your resume. When you submit articles, you will receive a byline. If you contribute regularly, we will create a bio for you and acknowledge you as a regular contributor.
If you still want to write for us, email us at email@example.com.